How to Take Care Of Raw Indian Hair Extensions
Raw Indian hair extension is an unprocessed hair extension. This means that these extensions' texture and structure have not been altered by any chemical processing. Many people go for raw Indian hair extensions because of their durability.
However, without proper care, your raw Indian hair extensions might not last long. For this reason, we have come up with a guide on how you can take care of your raw Indian hair extensions. But before then, here are some things you need to know about raw Indian hair.
- Raw Indian hair is obtained from donors who donate their hair for religious purposes. Because of this, each bundle of extensions is different.
- Because raw Indian hair is 100% human hair, its texture does not change.
- Just like your natural hair, raw Indian hair is prone to frizz because it is 100% human hair.
- When it comes to raw Indian hair, what you give is what you get. This means that how good the hair looks and how long it lasts depends on how you take care of it.
Top tips on how to take care of raw Indian hair extensions.
Just like your natural hair, raw Indian hair needs great care. Without deep knowledge of how to care for raw Indian hair, you might not enjoy using it. Here are some top tips on how to care for raw Indian hair:
You must keep your raw Indian hair clean. The reason for this is that product build-up in the hair can make it look dull. To wash your hair, you need sulfate-free shampoos. Sulfate-based shampoos are made with chemicals that weigh down the hair and make them drier, so avoid them. However, if you find it difficult to get sulfate-free shampoos, you can go for a moisturizing one. This will ensure you retain enough moisture and natural oil in your hair after washing. To wash your raw Indian hair extension, run a brush through it to get rid of tangles. Then, place it under running water to get it wet, spritz a bit of shampoo on the extension bundle and work it into form lather. If it doesn't lather after the first wash, there is probably too much product build-up in it, so you can wash it again the second time till it lathers. Then place the bundle under the running water and rinse the shampoo off completely.
The next thing to do after washing your hair is to condition it. Just like our human hair needs moisture, so also the raw Indian hair extensions. For this reason, make sure you condition the hair with a moisturizing conditioner to restore any lost moisture. Splitz a bit of the conditioner on the extension, and work it in with your fingers or a wet brush. Set it aside for about 20 minutes. Once the 20 minutes is up, you can now rinse off the conditioner with cool water. Make sure you rinse properly till there is no lather bubble on the hair.
Once you have added conditioner to your raw Indian hair extensions, the next step is to dry them. There are different methods of drying your human hair extensions. You can decide to dry with a blow dryer. However, raw Indian hair is susceptible to heat damage so set the dryers' heat settings to cool settings. You can also air-dry your hair, which is considered the best option for drying human hair.
After wash care
Now that your hair is dry, there are some steps you need to take to take care of it.
- If you want your raw Indian hair extensions to remain hydrated, use a leave-in conditioner on them. You can use this in conjunction with coconut oil. Coconut oil acts as a sealant, so they help seal the moisture in the hair. However, you shouldn't go overboard with coconut oil as it tends to weigh down your hair.
- Human hair is prone to frizz, and since raw Indian hair extensions are 100% human hair, it is prone to frizz as well. To keep frizziness at a minimum, you need to use an anti-frizz serum on your raw Indian hair extensions. You shouldn't use this product too much as it weighs down the hair as well.
- As we stated earlier, raw Indian hair is highly susceptible to heat. So, if you want to use any heat styling tools make sure you use heat protection spray. Besides, you should ensure you invest in quality heat styling tools.
- Make sure you use a satin bonnet to cover your hair whenever you want to sleep. Satin bonnets help to prevent moisture loss in your hair, consequently preventing frizz.
Looking for where to get affordable and high-quality raw Indian hair? Look no further! At prarvi hair, we sell quality raw Indian hair. We also sell 100% human hair extensions at affordable prices.
Leave a comment